Late in the 2018/2019 Summer season, a small group of sailboarders were warmly welcomed by Saratoga Sailing Club to join in their regular Sunday racing schedule. The small group of regulars has been sailing on Brisbane Waters together since 2015. They sail almost every weekend, year round, regardless of the conditions.
We sail a wide range of sailboards, including the following:
- Course Racing:
- Windsurfer Class (including the new LT)
- RS:X (Olympic Class)
- Division II (Lechner and Davidson boards)
- A collection of boards for light to strong wind
- Wave/SUP Surf:
- Various boards, with the emphasis on fun
- We also have a complete collection of one of each of the Olympic Class boards ever used for Sailboarding at the Olympics:
- Windglider - 1984
- Windsurfer - 1984 (demonstration event board)
- Lechner A390 - 1988 & 1992
- Mistral One Design - 1996, 2000 & 2004
- Neil Pryde RS:X - 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2020
We offer lessons to anyone interested in learning or progressing in the sport of sailboarding and all our current members compete on the NSW Summer Raceboard circuit and the Windsurfer Class Summer series.
We have a few less frequent sailboarders that join us on occasions, and we would like to build our regular numbers, so come down and join in the fun!
If you would like to know more, please contact us.
- Seebreeze ID: AUS817
- Seabreeze forum