The Hartley TS16 National Championships will be held at Saratoga Sailing Club from the 27th December 2023 to the 3rd January 2024
Please visit the Hartley TS16 Association Event Site for
You can register your race entry below. Please note or return to this page for regatta fee payment instructions.
Payment instructions for regatta fees can be found below.
Saratoga Sailing Club are delighted to be hosting the 58th Hartley TS16 Australian Championship from 27th of December 2023 to the 3rd of January 2024.
The Hartley TS16 was one of the first trailer sailers. Designed to be an affordable trailer sailor that could be built by an amateur with basic skills in their own garage the TS16 has a strong following with regular club racing across Australia. The Nationals will see our local boats racing as well as visitors from Sydney, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and beyond. Recent Nationals have taken place in Largs Bay and Yarrawonga.
Camping is available for a flat fee of $200 per site. Please register your interest in camping via the registration form and pay via our shop in advance, including your set up details. If you plan to bring more than a 4 person tent or want to bring a caravan or camper then please contact us first.
Please note that sites are unpowered, however newly refurbished washrooms and toilets will be available.
Hotels and holiday accommodation
Please search for available accommodation on line. Here are some options to consider (please amend dates as appropriate):
If you want to print, sign and return a registration form, then please use the form at the Hartley TS16 Association Event Site.
2023-2024, Saratoga Sailing Club, 27th December 2023 to 3rd January 2024
Boat and Helms-person Details
1a. I am in possession of a current “A” class Hartley Trailer-Sailer 16 Association of Australia Inc certificate of registration for this Boat and I certify that the boat and its equipment have not been altered in any way which would negate the certificate.
1b. My TS16 basically conforms to the Hartley TS16 plans, is not registered “A” class, but is registered with the Hartley Trailer-Sailer 16 Association of Australia inc.
2. The helms-person is a member of the Hartley Trailer-Sailer 16 Association of Australia. It is clearly understood that the boat and crew are taking part in this championship at their own risk and responsibility, I agree to be bound by The Racing Rules of Sailing, the prescriptions of Australian Sailing, the Notice of Race, the Sailing Instructions, and the Hartley Trailer-Sailer 16 Association of Australia inc rules.
3. I am totally responsible for the seaworthiness, sufficiency and adequacy of my boat and its equipment.
4. I hereby certify that the boat entered is insured and has valid liability cover for not less than $10 million and will ensure that this cover remains current throughout the entire series.
5. I will be bound by the RRS of the ISAF and the Australian Sailing Special Regulations Part 2 for Off the Beach Boats, the prescriptions and safety regulations of Australian Sailing and by the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions for this regatta and acknowledge that Rule 4, Decision to race, states that “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue is hers alone.”
6. I agree to comply with the Code of Conduct of the Hartley Trailer-Sailer16 Association of Australia inc. RISK NOTIFICATION Saratoga Sailing Club warns that participation in events at the Club involves risk of personal injury or death. The risk of injury/death can result from but is not limited to the following scenarios: attack from or injury caused by marine fauna; collision with participants; fixtures, boats, vehicles, third parties; falls, slips; being struck by objects/other participants; suffering physiological symptoms including, but not limited to, heart attacks, heat exhaustion dehydration.
I acknowledge being warned of such risks. I further acknowledge that clicking on 'submit' constitutes my signature and I may be asked to sign a printed copy before sailing.
Please add up the total amount you will be paying for Regatta Fees.
Camping is available at Saratoga Sailing Club, each camp site is $200 for the week. This will be a separate fee and can be paid directly to Saratoga Sailing Club via their shop (eftpos is available at the event but advanced payment will secure your site)
Payment for Entry Fees, Functions and Memorabilia will be accepted by Bank Transfer (preferred) or Bank Cheque.
Transfers should be directed to the Hartley TS16 Association of NSW and ACT
Please use your “Surname and Sail Number” as the payment reference
Cheques should be made payable to the Hartley TS16 Association of NSW and ACT and forwarded by mail to: The Race Secretary, Hartley TS16 Association of NSW and ACT, 5 Sunndal Close, St Clair NSW 2759
You will receive an email copy of your submission with applicable fees which you will need to add up and pay as above. You can return to this page for payment instructions (if you do then there is no need to submit the form again).
By clicking Submit, I agree to my Registration being sent by email to the Hartley Association Race Secretary and Treasurer and to Saratoga Sailing Club Admin.